Keep Horse Stalls Fresh For Healthier Horses
- Stops Odor
- Keeps Bedding Drier
- Reduces Ammonia-related Diseases
- Reduces Fly Populations
- Increases Speed & Quality of Composting
- All natural: Harmless to horses, people and the planet
AgriFresh® Horse Stall Bedding Treatment is a granular powder composed of blended natural minerals that improve the health and performance of your horses and your enjoyment of them.
Four Ways AgriFresh® Improves the Health and Performance of Your Horse
- Dehydrator: AgriFresh® nutrients stimulate the growth of beneficial microbes that digest the biological matter in the bedding material. This activity and the increase in microbe population remove moisture out of the bedding and help keep it dry.
- Compost Booster: AgriFresh® treated bedding retains un-metabolized urea, a valuable nutrient in the compost.
- Ammonia Odor Blocker: AgriFresh® is a patented formula that prevents anaerobic microbes from eating the urea in horse urine, a process that produces ammonia gas as a byproduct. In this way, AgriFresh® fights the formation of ammonia gas at the source. (Learn more about equine health problems associated with Ammonia – link to a page about ammonia issues)
- Fewer Flies: Ammonia gas and fecal matter attract flies. Less ammonia gas and faster degradation of biological waste under the influence of AgriFresh® means fewer annoying flies. You do not need to use as much fly repellent – an expensive, artificial chemical – and your horses breathe healthier air without it.
AgriFresh® Instructions for Use in the Horse Stall (download PDF)
|Application Rate||For Horses|
|Apply AgriFresh®||Up to 1000 lbs||More than 1000 lbs||Performance & Working|
|On Bare Soil or Mat||8 oz||10 oz||12 oz|
|On New Bedding||8 oz||10 oz||12 oz|
|Weekly on Bedding||2 oz||3 oz||4 oz|
For stalls up to 12 x 12 feet:
- Strip stall of old bedding.
- Sprinkle 8 to 12 oz of AgriFresh® on top of the entire soil or mat.
- Apply a layer of bedding.
- Apply a second 8 to 12 oz of AgriFresh® on top of the bedding.
- Add 2 to 4 oz weekly onto the bedding.
- Continue to remove manure and heavily soiled areas of bedding.
- Add new bedding as needed.
- Repeat steps when stall completely stripped